7 Secrets to Dominate Digital in 2014
February 14, 2014
There are infinite solutions to consider regarding your digital strategy for 2014. What’s most important to dealers are more showroom opportunities, and that should absolutely be the focus in the year ahead. Amplify your digital approach by increasing the relevancy of your content on your website, Google search results, and listing sites. Winning the click is all about providing relevant information and turning those clicks into opportunities. Remember these 7 insights to dominate digital in 2014 with a more relevant strategy.
1. Value. It’s more than just price. Realize competitive pricing is important, but value will take you further. Consumers want to see the top value attributes of a vehicle and other relevant information so they can make an educated purchase decision and determine for themselves if they’re getting a good deal. Display top features, options, and reconditioning highlights to shift consumer focus from price to value.
2. Display reconditioning on your VDPs. Recon info is huge, and most customers will never see it unless they visit your showroom. Why wait to tell them your vehicle has brand new tires? The secret here is to graphically showcase this information and digitalize your used car folder right on your VDP.
3. Search. When it comes to pay-per-click, relevancy is key. Provide ads that never guess at the right message and include options! A relevant ad, with a relevant landing page will be rewarded by Google with a higher quality score and a smaller cost-per-click. Relevant landing pages do NOT include search results pages. Drive people to a smarter, highly specific landing platform that will match a consumer’s request 100% of the time. Relevant landing sites are based on the consumer’s search and the ad generated for that specific search.
4. Retargeting. Auto shoppers now visit an average of 24 sources before making a purchase. They will absolutely cross-shop, therefore retargeting is crucial. Use ads based on data from a consumer’s prior online behavior. Make retargeted ads vehicle specific and showcase top features graphically.
5. Mobile. Over 47% of all auto searches come from mobile devices – so optimize all pages for mobile and use responsive technology across devices.
6. Stop focusing on leads! Shift focus from lead generation to improving the foundation. Less than 15% of auto shoppers submit leads. Therefore 85% are making their purchase decisions online before ever walking into a showroom. Merchandise your vehicles better digitally so that you can still ensure lead generation while driving more showroom opportunities. As innovators, we must remember that successful ad campaigns can only be optimized when they are used to promote a product with a solid foundation.
7. Consumers don’t read webpages. They scan them! Remember this and always display value, option, and reconditioning highlights graphically so you can do a better job promoting the value in your vehicles.