Last Updated: January 9, 2020
Introduction and Overview
By using the Site, you hereby agree that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age and are bound by this Agreement.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Information You Provide to Us
We receive and store information you provide directly to us. The types of information we may collect directly from you may include: name, username, email address, postal address, phone number, transactional information, as well as any other contact or other information you choose to provide us or upload to our systems in connection with the use of our services (“Personal Information”).
You also may provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of the Site or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Automatically Collect
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Site and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Site statistics.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information: (1) to present our Site and its contents to you; (2) to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us; (3) to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it; (3) to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; (4) to notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it; (5) to manage interest-based advertisements on behalf of our Affiliates; (6) to help diagnose problems with equipment, administer and operate the Site; (7) to compile statistical data for analysis, research, optimization, performance and development; (8) in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; or (9) for any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information we collect from you: (1) to our subsidiaries and affiliates; (2) to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business; (3) to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it; (4) to a buyer or other successor in the event of a sale or transfer of some or all of our business or assets; (5) for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; (6) to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request; (7) to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collections; (8) if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our clients or others; or (9) with your consent.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers. You will not receive unsolicited emails, phone calls, or mailings from PureCars. You may be asked to provide contact information (email, phone, and/or mailing address) through the Site in order to connect you (a “Request”) with a clearly identified seller of a vehicle or automotive product or service (a “Seller”). PureCars will deliver your contact information to Seller in connection with a Request and PureCars will not share such information with any other party. Upon the Seller’s request, PureCars may send you a single automated response to your Request. To opt-out from Seller communications, please contact the Seller directly. To the extent an Affiliate manages certain channels of communications (e.g., toll-free telephone numbers), the Affiliates is under an obligation to not use your contact information for any purpose beyond an accounting between Affiliate, PureCars and Seller.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on NAI’s Application.
How Long We Store Your Personal Information
We will only retain your Personal Information, in a form which permits us to identify you, for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for. In some cases, we retain Personal Information for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. Afterwards, we may retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
Your State Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
If you are a resident of Nevada, you may apply limits to the sale of certain personal information to third parties for resale or licensing purposes, subject to applicable law. PureCars does not sell your personal information for such use. You are entitled to register your preference for limits on such sales in the future by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Third-Party Content
Do Not Track
While some internet browsers offer a “do not track” or “DNT” option that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked, these features are not yet uniform and there is no common standard that has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies or regulators. Therefore, we do not currently commit to responding to browsers’ DNT signals with respect to our websites.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access and disclosure. The use of, and access to, your personal information by us is restricted to employees and contractors who need to know that information to provide services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to limit access to your nonpublic personal information.
Unfortunately, transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to us through our Site or other electronic means. Any electronic transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
Children’s Personal Information
Changes to this Policy
PureCars Technologies, LLC
1447 Peachtree St., NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30309