Dedicated to Helping the Dealer Community During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Below, you'll find the latest COVID-19 Report from PureCars, a message from PureCars Founder & CEO, Jeremy Anspach, up to the minute industry news and trends, resources and more. Please check back often as we're updating this page daily. Stay safe out there.
Data-Driven Insights From PureCars
PureCars COVID-19 Report | March 27, 2020
View Our Data-Driven Prescription for the Past Weekend
Stay Tuned for Updates and the Next Report This Week
We're 100% focused on using our extensive data warehouse to find the best ways to help dealers serve changing customer needs during the crisis. To that end, we've put together a report to bring you the latest trends and actionable insights, so you can make the best possible decisions for your business.
A Message From Our Founder & CEO, Jeremy Anspach
Hello. Like you, we continue to watch this pandemic unfold in real time. We’re closely monitoring the news, the industry, digital trends and so much more. Our primary concern continues to be for the health and safety of our employees, our customers, families, friends and communities.
Over the past two weeks, we've focused the full resources of our product, engineering and machine learning teams on working to help guide our dealer partners through these market conditions. Additionally, I've I have asked our teams to halt all sales related activity and focus 100% on helping to deliver insights and strategies to our customers as well as any dealer who is in need of real-time data that can help make more informed, more cost efficient ad spend decisions.
You, and the Dealer community at large, are our business. We are in it for the long haul and are committed to helping you get through these uncertain times together.
Jeremy Anspach, Founder & CEO
WE (REALLY) ARE HERE TO HELP
Please contact us anytime. Our digital strategists are more than willing to consult with you on the state of your region and the trends we’re seeing anytime. No strings attached.
J.D. POWER | April 2, 2020
Recapturing Lease Customers Will Be Critical as Auto Dealers and Lenders Navigate Downturn
SEARCH ENGINE LAND | April 1, 2020
Paid search ad copy strategies during coronavirus
SEARCH ENGINE LAND | March 31, 2020
Communication tips for local businesses during COVID-19
CANADIAN AUTO DEALER | March 31, 2020 (Video)
David Adams, President Global Automakers of Canada discusses how OEMs and the industry are reacting to pandemic
FORBES | March 30, 2020
Despite Virus Car Sales Won’t Be As Bad As You Think; Here’s Why
AUTOMOTIVE NEWS | March 30, 2020
Fully online process proves its value
AUTOMOTIVE NEWS | March 30, 2020
Many sales only deferred amid outbreak
CANADIAN AUTO DEALER | March 30, 2020 (Video)
Video interview: Calgary dealer discusses how he’s coping with COVID-19
CADA | March 27, 2020
COVID-19: Support for Dealers in Canada
NADA | March 27, 2020
NADA Launches Dealership Lifeline Series to Help Dealers Operate During COVID-19
NADA | March 27, 2020 (Video, YouTube)
NADA Coronavirus from 2020 NADA Chairman Rhett Ricart
SEARCH ENGINE LAND | March 27, 2020
Google pledges $340 million in Google Ads credits for SMBs
SOCIAL MEDIA TODAY | March 26, 2020
4 Reasons Why Facebook Ads are Critical for Your Business During COVID-19
AUTOMOTIVE LOGISTICS | March 25, 2020
Car dealers turn to online sales and servicing
REUTERS | March 23, 2020
Coronavirus drags car dealers into digital commerce
AUTOMOTIVE NEWS | March 22, 2020
Time is now for dealers to do online retail right
CBT AUTOMOTIVE NETWORK | March 20, 2020
NADA Chairman Rhett Ricart Discusses Challenges Dealers Face with the Coronavirus Crisis
CXL | March 19, 2020
Marketing and Growth Lessons for Uncertain Times
FORBES | September 5, 2019
When A Recession Comes, Don't Stop Advertising
- According to J.D. Power, more than 1.8 million vehicle leases are set to expire between March and July 2020
- J.D. Power reported a 13% average drop in demand for the first 13 days of March and a 22% drop in hard-hit areas (Seattle, San Francisco, LA and Chicago).
- Roaster reported a 6% increase in online traffic to the 1,000 US and Canadian dealers they serve.
- Only 15% of all dealer transactions are online, as the industry has been slow to adopt, but they expect online cars sales will double by 2025.
- A COX survey revealed 'vehicle pick-up and delivery' as their top desire.
- Moody's Analytics predicts markets could slump by up to 20% from 2019 levels.
- Searches for new vehicle reveals spiked 40%.
- Many OEMs are offering relief and incentives (payment deferrals, 0% interest financing, extended loan terms), but others are slow to catch up
- 78% of US now working from home with a 60% increase in time streaming content
- 32% YoY increase in search volume in the automotive space
- Google My Business updates are taking considerably longer than normal.
- Google reported searches for 'dealership near me' have dropped 25% in the past week.
- Google also reported a 10x rise in searches for 'deferred payment' and 'unemployment' and several OEMs are already ahead of the curve with relief offers.
- Facebook has reported that 53% of people are browsing more often and 32% are using Instagram more often.
- Calls from Facebook Messenger and WhatApp have doubled in places hardest hit by the virus.
TIPS TO STAY SAFE
CANADIAN AUTO DEALER
THE DEALER PLAYBOOK
- Google Trends
- Google is Here to Help - Auto-Search and Consumer Behavior Update [PDF]
- COVID-19 Retail Consumer Impact [PDF]
- YouTube Playbook Digital Event Solutions [PDF]